Saturday 1 October 2011

365 Doodles - Day 273

This will be the last doodle for a few days as I'm off on a week's break. Expect a HUGE catchup next Friday/Saturday. Meanwhile, these will keep you going:


A year or so ago, I was in discussions with my good chums at QI about features and covers for the new annuals. There was to be a brand new H themed annual for 2011 and a compilation of the first three E,F and G annuals. We tossed ideas around and I submitted several designs using a kind of digital photomontage as I'd done some for the previous annual and the Elves liked it.


In the end, I did the cover for the EFG Annual (see right of this blog) and the heroes-themed H cover went to another artist. These were some of my submissions that fell by the wayside. I particularly liked Cattywoman, Clarkzan and Ciderman. I think you can see who they are ...


No comments:

Post a Comment