Friday 7 October 2011

365 Doodles - Day 279

I drove back from Cornwall today. It was tough. It's always tough leaving the county I grew up in and that, despite having lived away from it for some three decades, I still regard as home. It's such a long, dull drive that I decided to take the scenic route. I bought a Philp's pasty in Hayle (considered by many to be the best pasties in Cornwall - And I heartily agree) and then sat in the car park at Upton Towans to eat it and look out to sea across St Ives Bay and to Godrevy Light.



I then took a meandering drive along the North coast road to Portreath, Porthtowan, Perranporth and Newquay before joining the brain-numbing main road at the A30. From there it was foot down along the M5, M4 and A404 and, some four and a half hours later, I arrived home in Hazlemere. I hate leaving Cornwall but there is something nice about getting home.

While away, I had the opportunity to edit and proofread the book that I'm currently writing and this evening, while catching up on some TV I missed, I drew this doodle to illustrate a point I make; that the only people who cannot create art are dead people.


And talking of doodles ... Tomorrow I'll post the results of the Stay Inside the Lines Challenge! There have been some amazing entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment