Sunday 24 March 2013

Cosmos - New video by Emperor Yes

Okay, here's the brilliant video for my good chums' Emperor Yes's new single Cosmos.



I love this tune. And, as anyone who knows me will attest, I spent most of the Autumn last year wandering around singing 'cu-ree-uuuuuuuuuuuusssss' to myself. The reason is that when Dan Schreiber and I were busy writing the Museum of Curiosity: The Live Heist show last year for the Natural History Museum, we did a lot of the work at House of Strange Studios in Docklands (it's also, incidentally, where I'll be recording the audiobook of Constable Colgan's Connectoscope soon).

HoS is run by Ash Gardner, Dan's best mate and lead singer of Emperor Yes. So, while we were upstairs agonising about whether to include Chan's Megastick or the Dracula Fish in our script, Ash, Hugo and Adam were downstairs rehearsing what would become Cosmos.

Incidentally, Dan does make a little cameo at the end of the video ... and was the unfortunate victim of the evil Wasps in their last video. Great fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment