Wednesday 28 December 2011

24 Hours of Madness and Joy

I must be mad. Yesterday morning I left my home in Buckinghamshire at 5am and drove all the way to Plymouth in Devon where I collected one daughter and two grandkids. I then drove to Hayle in Cornwall to visit my mum and then to Marazion to walk on the beach by St Michaels Mount. From there it was on to Camborne to meet my brother Simon and then to St Austell and the world famous Eden Project. Walking around the biomes at night is quite magical and walking up to the high observation deck - 100 feet above the floor of the dome - was exhilarating (my apologies for the ropier than usual photographs - the darkness plus the humidity meant I had all kinds of autofocus, steamy lens and lighting problems). The place is a mass of festive coloured twinkly lights and there's a temporary ice rink on site too. Wonderful. Then it was back to Plymouth for a few hours of kip before driving all the way back home this morning.





As I said, I must be mad. But it was worth the effort. I loved every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment