Tuesday 29 May 2012

Aural Sexiness!

So, here's the thing ... with me not being as famous as Terry Jones or as popular as Robert Llewellyn or as fashionable as Hardeep Singh Kohli or as good a dancer as Katy Brand or as downright sexy as Mrs Stephen Fry or Adrian 'Ferocious Duck' Teal, I felt that I needed a way to give supporters of my new book, Constable Colgan's Connectoscope, more bang for your buck.


You see, £10 for an e-book - the lowest level of pledging - is money well-spent when it allows you to chat directly to someone you admire - such as George Chopping or Kate Mosse - in a small, cosy private place like an author's shed. Plus, who wouldn't want their name recorded within the same covers as Jonathan Meades or Jennifer Pickup? However, it seemed to me to be a lot to ask you for when (a) I'm not on the telly, (b) I don't look as good as Mark Curry in a sweater and (c) I don't have the luxuriant locks of Keith Kahn-Harris or even Rupert Isaacson. Plus, in these days of austerity, the very people who can only spare a tenner are probably the same people who can't afford a Kindle, iPad or other e-book reader. However, everyone has a mobile phone and many people have some form of music player.

So here's what I'm going to do ... I'm going to come in your ears.

Yes! At no extra cost to you, I am going to record Constable Colgan's Connectoscope as an audiobook and make it available to everyone who pledges: from the £10 level right up to the dizzy heights of £750. So, even at the lowest level, you'll get an e-book, an audiobook, access to my shed, your name in the book and be in with a chance of winning the original book cover painting. And all for less than the price of a pizza. That's pretty good value isn't it? It's even cheaper if you were lucky enough to get one of Unbound's celebratory 1st birthday £5 tokens today.



The Unbound site doesn't mention the audiobooks yet but will shortly be updated. Today, they're probably all horribly drunk and spewing up birthday cake in an alleyway. Meanwhile, you don't need to do anything. If you've already pledged, you'll get the audiobook automatically, same as all new pledgers. So enjoy the sunshine and bully all of your friends, colleagues and even enemies to support this book.

Now where's that gin and tonic ...

No comments:

Post a Comment