Tuesday 13 September 2011

Curses! Foiled again!

You know that thing when you come up with an idea you really like, and it's something you've never seen anyone else do, and you think 'I have something here!' Well, I had that feeling over the weekend. It entailed me buying a tacky old painting or print from a charity shop and then 'improving' it by adding a monster. What larks! I thought. And I did my first one:


I told a couple of artist friends and they reckoned it would be a great idea and that they had never seen anyone do it before. One chum even said he'd like to have a go himself and how about we launch it as a challenge to other artists? Even more larks, thought I.

But then it was pointed out to me that artist Chris McMahon is already doing it. Look:



And then someone else pointed me in the direction of Tim Elliot who does exactly the same thing:



And they're not alone! Look! And they all do it better than me!

Bollocks. And I've just lost a filling. It's going to be one of those Septembers isn't it? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment