Friday 10 February 2012

This is the future for books - and isn't it bright?



As you all know, I'm a great lover of books and I can't imagine that there will ever be a day when the paper book disappears. But is that just nostalgia? After all, I am 50 years old and for 4/5ths of my life there wasn't really any viable alternative to books. But now there is.

When I see things like this and think about my young grandchildren who are growing up in a world where everyone has a mobile phone and where e-books are commonplace, I wonder which encyclopaedia will they be drawn to? The flat boring papery thing? Or the shiny plastic and metal thing that has sound and movies and interactivity? I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

They will decide the future of books, not people like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment